Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Friends Help Friends Lose Weight

Hello and Welcome.

My motto is, "friends help friends lose weight".

Up to about a year ago, I was six foot even and 250 pounds.

With the help of a few people that I now consider friends, I am now down to 182 pounds, have a 34 inch waist and a lot more energy. Now that I've lost the weight and kept it off for about two months, my thoughts turn to how I'm going to go about keeping it off forever and how to help others achieve the same.

I am now 52 years old and in that amount of time I have discovered a few things about maintaining a healthy body profile.
  • I cannot and will not ever eat the same way again. If I did, no amount of exercise would keep me from gaining back the weight
  • I must continually find ways to keep myself motivated to never gain back the weight
  • Wholesome, non-fattening foods can actually be appetizing and delicious
Partly for therapy and partly out of a desire to help others overcome the tyranny of food, I've decided to start this blog so I can stay motivated and so that others may find the fortitude to also stay motivated.

I have pondered for a long time how best to help others shed the pounds and keep them off. It can be a thorny issue. Our society takes a dim view of telling people to their face that they are fat and that they need help to slim down. So I thought I'd use this forum to do what I can.

I want to be a friend to any of you who would like to work together to maintain a healthy lifestyle and I ask your help so I can maintain my weight loss.

Friends help friends lose weight.

Best wishes for a healthy body weight from a recovering food addict.

No comments: